Thursday, July 23, 2015

Early Morning Thoughts

I really try not to impulse shop.  For me, grocery shopping is an anxiety attack waiting to happen.  I stick to my list in an effort to concentrate on what I need and not browse for things I don't.  That concentration, that sense of purpose seems to relieve the anxiety of dealing with a chore I find difficult.  So, when I went down the cereal aisle, I knew exactly what I wanted.  That is until I saw the Frosted Mini Wheats.  Normally I buy the multi-purpose oatmeal.  It is not only a breakfast food but can be used in several recipes.  That makes it the biggest bang for the buck.  The mini wheat, on the other hand, represent nothing but an indulgence.  Yes, it is a breakfast food but it is also a snack (almost like popcorn).  I gave in to the impulse and put it in the cart.  So, this morning I am enjoying my breakfast cereal.  Silly as it may seem, that enjoyment is tinged with a bit of guilty pleasure.  Tomorrow I will go back to a more mundane early morning meal, but today I am celebrating "impulse".

No comments:

Post a Comment